Elevance Health Director, Engineering in Richmond, Virginia
Job Family: Development and Engineering
Type: Full time
Date Posted:Jun 20, 2022
Req #: PS73103
- This position can be remote anywhere in the U.S. or located near our Chicago offices
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
Our mission is making healthcare services appropriate, safe, and affordable. To make this possible, we need elite technical talent to help us support innovation and speed to market with our solutions. AIM Specialty Health is seeking self-motivated and enthusiastic technology professionals who are looking to grow their talent and career while helping make a real difference in people’s lives.
As an experienced leader in software engineering, your mission will be to direct Engineering teams towards delivering innovative, highly valued Healthcare SaaS solutions to our customers. Strong, demonstrable past success in leading development organizations into higher performing teams, and the ability to deliver features rapidly to market while balancing quality of deliverables, scalable application performance, and a maintainable codebase are critical requirements for this role.
Our ideal candidate will have a proven history of leading globally distributed software development teams and integrating diverse technology stacks. As part of the ongoing digital transformation goals, the engineering organization will continuously evolve, and the Director of Engineering will need to successfully navigate change and scale our team, while maturing our Engineering practices towards high quality outcomes.
How you will make an impact:
• Direct multiple globally distributed full stack engineering teams tasked with Solution Delivery and Product development.
• Build, lead, and mentor engineering teams with a focus on time to market and leverage best practices in design, development, and tooling to produce high value, high quality products.
• Foster a performance-driven culture that permeates every level, improving time to market and employee engagement.
• Partner with business stakeholders across Product, Customer Management, Compliance and Security organizations to prioritize the most valuable investments and commitments and oversee their delivery.
• Establish guidelines and standards to foster engineering best practices, and balancing system maintenance with business commitments.
• Create governance structures to ensure teams can operate with autonomy and ownership while following guidelines and standards.
• Drive results and continuous improvement, understanding and optimizing progress through measurable KPIs.
• Collaborate with the Architecture team to evolve the product line for modern, cost effective, and scalable solutions through the adoption of cloud-native technology.
• Advocate for and motivate your team, build culture and trust.
• Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 7 years of IT management experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• 6+ years of engineering leadership experience in enterprise software or SaaS.
• Effective communication and articulation skills.
• Experience building repeatable, scalable, technology development processes.
• Experience defining OKRs and tracking Engineering metrics and KPIs.
• Familiarity with Site Reliability, Quality, Security, and DevOps practices.
• Familiarity with AWS, Azure or GCP.
• Demonstrated ability to lead groups and pull individuals together for common goals.
• Comfort leading through periods of transformation with a high level of ambiguity and change.
• Team player with a positive attitude; self-motivated and collaborative.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
EEO is the Law
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Please use the links below to review statements of protection from discrimination under Federal law for job applicants and employees.
EEO Policy Statement
EEO is the Law Postero
EEO Poster Supplement-English Version
Privacy Notice for California Residents
Elevance Health, Inc. is an E-verify Employer
Email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 1-877-204-7664