Anthem, Inc. Director, Medicare State-Regulated Marketing Programs in New York City, New York
SHIFT: Day Job
We are Anthem, Inc. (NYSE: ANTM), a health care company dedicated to improving lives and making insurance simpler. Through our affiliated companies, Anthem serves more than 106 million people, including more than 42 million within our family of health plans – that’s one in eight Americans!
In our Medicare marketing organization, we are aligning around consumers. From when they first consider a Medicare product to joining Anthem, we want to create better connections that build confidence in their benefits and help them achieve better health. To do that, we focus on developing solid strategies, informed by research and data, and supported by strong creative measured for its effectiveness.
If you have a passion for a career that impacts individual lives, we want to speak with you about joining our marketing team.
Director, Medicare State-Regulated Marketing Programs
This individual will be responsible for leading the project management function for Anthem’s Medicare State-Regulated Marketing Programs including implementing marketing services strategy across the phases of the Medicare consumer lifecycle – Acquisition> Onboarding> Engagement> Renewal, by overseeing and directing multiple marketing programs, meeting program milestones, deliverables, budget, and objectives. The scope of programs can be multi-year, multi-function, and across multiple brands and states.
This is an amazing opportunity for a forward-looking marketer to help lead Medicare project management for a premier healthcare brand, and be responsible for improving the health and well-being of millions of Americans.
Primary duties may include:
• Directing operations of functional marketing areas which may include direct marketing, product development, agency management, marketing research, marketing events, and marketing communications.
• Providing leadership and direction to a team of marketing project managers: hiring, training, coaching, counseling, and evaluation of direct reports. Managing a team of Medicare document-experts knowledgeable of State regulations and CMS Medicare Communications and Marketing Guidelines (MCMGs).
• Overseeing implementation of short- and long-term marketing strategies and tactics to grow profitable membership. Understanding the product, business, and competitive landscape.
• Supporting the digital strategic vision and roadmap and priorities and ensuring the team and vendors are aligned with vision and strategy.
• Recommending changes and adjustments to marketing strategies to increase program effectiveness.
• Collaborating with Senior Marketing Directors and account management team and project vendors. Communicating function strategy and roadmap to business partners and coordinating with other functional areas across the business.
• Developing and documenting program definition. Ensuring all requirements are met. Creating and managing detailed project plans, budgets & timelines to deliver Medicare's communications to the market. Communicating program status to executive-level staff. Identifying and escalating risks.
• Prioritizing/managing Agile Release Train (ART) backlogs.
• QC/Proofing coordination. Translation management. Managing entry of requests in the MRM Tool (Aprimo/Work front).
• Coordinating across Marketing with other consumer journey phases to ensure continuity of experience.
• Establishing/documenting clear and specific priorities (Blue Chips) and marketing’s measures of success.
• Identifying and resolving strategic issues that may impair the ability of their direct reports to meet goals.
• Developing department operating budgets; review and updating of financial reports, and preparation of departmental statistics.
• Developing and implementing metrics to report and monitor progress against goals and implements changes to effect improvement, and/or reacts to a change in the organization or industry.
• Demonstrated ability in operational/organizational leadership, working across the matrix, and effectively leading a team.
• Experience delivering effective solutions and delivering business value.
• Ability to develop strong cross-functional relationships using a collaborative approach.
• Medicare and/or Medicaid experience.
• Excellent analytical, negotiation, and presentation abilities.
• Excellent managerial and change-management leadership skills.
• BS/BA in a related field; 8-10 years of professional/leadership experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2019 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.