Elevance Health Cust Care Rep III (US) in Los Angeles, California
Cust Care Rep III (US)
Job Family: Customer Care
Type: Full time
Date Posted:Jul 14, 2022
Req #: JR596
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
A proud member of the Elevance Health family of companies, myNEXUS is the leader in health resource optimization, focused on transforming how healthcare is delivered and promoting the advancement of care for the people we serve.
The Customer Care Representative III is responsible for responding to customer questions via telephone and written correspondence regarding insurance benefits, provider contracts, eligibility, and claims. Proficient in all basic customer service areas performs some but not all types of moderately complex function. Must be able to successfully perform all the duties of the Customer Care Rep III.
How you will make an impact:
• Analyzes problems and provides information/solutions.
• Operates a PC/image station to obtain and extract information, documents information, activities, and changes in the database.
• Thoroughly documents inquiry outcomes for accurate tracking and analysis.
• Develops and maintains positive customer relations and coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure customer requests and questions are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
• Researches and analyzes data to address operational challenges and customer service issues.
• Provides external and internal customers with requested information.
• Proficient in all basic customer service functions.
• Receives and places follow-up telephone calls / e-mails to answer customer questions. Inquiries may also be on a walk-in basis.
• May require deviation from standard practices and procedures with the assistance of a computerized system.
• Seeks, understands, and responds to the needs and expectations of internal and external customers.
• Required to meet department goals and expectations.
• Requires a HS diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years of the company's experience in an automated customer service environment
• Or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
For URAC accredited areas the following applies: Requires strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
EEO is the Law
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Please use the links below to review statements of protection from discrimination under Federal law for job applicants and employees.
EEO Policy Statement
EEO is the Law Postero
EEO Poster Supplement-English Version
Privacy Notice for California Residents
Elevance Health, Inc. is an E-verify Employer
Email us (email@example.com) or call 1-877-204-7664