Anthem, Inc. Product Management Director Sr. in Chicago, Illinois
SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Product Management Director Sr.
Anthem’s Commercial Product Group is looking for an innovative, high energy, strategic problem solver to play an integral role in our matrixed team as we power Anthem’s future and transform the model of U.S. health care. We will do this through a digital-first solution and focus on the entry point to care, meeting members at the moments that matter and in the ways that work best for them. We will pursue end-to-end opportunities that maximize our members’, providers’ experiences, improve health outcomes, and drive medical cost trend improvement. We will leverage exponential technologies and effectively assemble digital, data, and analytical assets and capabilities in this endeavor.
**LOCATION: This is currently a telecommuter position but will be transitioned to an in-office assignment post-COVID-19 with the potential for 15% travel. The selected candidate should be located near an Anthem office, with a strong preference for Chicago.
Responsible for leading the development and implementation of innovative, complex product strategies, designs, and roadmaps for Anthem Commercial Product, across the enterprise and within a multi-state environment.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
• Supports the development of strategic product strategies and roadmaps in support of market, sales, and profitability objectives, with a focus on digital-first product offerings and uptake for employers, members, and providers
• Drives multi-year strategy through agile, quarterly releases, including preparation and execution of cross-functional sprints and program increments
• Partners with internal and external stakeholders, from senior leadership to front-line managers and experts, to achieve execution of product strategy in the marketplace
• Manages large engagements and complex opportunities across organizational lines and both strategic and execution level engagement
• Drives prioritization of our product releases, including business requirements, performance indicators, and ROI through data-driven value analyses
• Prepares communications and updates for project sponsors, including tracking and managing product performance by business segment, state, market, and other factors
• BA/BS degree; 7 years of product development and management experience, or equivalent
• Experience with digital solutions
• Excellent situational leadership, problem-solving, organizational, planning, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Results-driven, comfortable with ambiguity, and able to perform with limited guidance in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Managed Care, e.g., HMO, experience - strongly preferred
• Management consulting experience
• Experience in journey maps and solution roadmaps
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.